O Ring Materials - Shower

I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body. A kit will cost about ?18 and contain things for later models that I can't even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of suitable sized o rings - what material should I be getting to cope with water and the temperatures?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Aldi, Lidl, CPC, and other places often have O-ring kits with lots of different sizes for a few quid.

I have gone into Plumb Center and asked for a couple and they just gave them to me.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The material does not matter at the temperatures found on a shower. They only become significant with superheated steam when viton should be used.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Pretty much anything will do in most cases, rubber, plastic, fibre etc. Tak e plastic junk from kitchen bin, cut out O ring, job done.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Our local small hardware.diy store has a wide variety of washers, O rings etc. sold individually

Reply to
Chris French