Nutool / Ryobi

Okay, got the idea that NuTool is a bit of no-no, so... would a Ryobi Router & Table be better ? (considering money is very tight indeed). Brad

Reply to
Dave

I've got Ryobi cordless and mains drills, and a petrol chainsaw and strimmer, definitely a big step up from NuTool. I consider them to be very good value.

Not tried their router. Most people agree that router is the one tool where better quality makes a big difference. I have a Bosch green quarter inch (quite nice to use, but only for light stuff) and a Silverline half inch which has the power but is no fun at all. Sticky slides so can't "plunge". OK when depth is locked, but not a precision tool. Only real good point is that it has soft start.

Reply to
Newshound

It would be better certainly...

What size router are you after, and what jobs do you want to do with it?

Have you read:

John Rumm

In message , Dave writes

I have a surplus router table:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Used a Ryobi router .. they are OK. But I would not bother with the table .. too small, too flimsy.

I followed some advice here and at various US woodworking sites & built my own table ..... glad I did use it frequently. Made mine to fit into my Workmate, providing ready made 'platform'

Used the TREND router table plate, it will fit your router.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Any interest?

mike