Nut spinner sets.

Was looking for a set of nut spinners - say from 5 to 12mm - with deep sockets, and they seem to be no reasonably priced ones around. Want fixed units - not one driver with a set of sockets. It's not something I need of the finest quality, since they won't get abused.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've not seen nut spinners in decades.

NT

Reply to
NT

Loads on the RS site. Just search for 'nut spinners'

Reply to
Andrew May

No - but cost does. ;-)

I can get a set (correct sizes) for about a fiver, but not with deep sockets. Cheapest I can find is many times that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Use long box spanners? I've made long nut spinners out of them by aralditing a nut into one end and fixing a bit of threaded bar and handle onto it.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I've been carrying the same 3/16 nut spinner in my case for about 30 years and I use it almost daily to re tighten the retaining nuts on D-shell sockets on PCs.

Why do people insist on tightening the retaining screws up with all their might?

Reply to
Graham.