Nuking brambles

Washing up liquid works

Reply to
Mark Allread

Just be careful of Roundup. SWMBO was complaining about a small weed which was growing under her tomato plants in the greenhouse. Her ever helpful 'ga rdener', not me, used a spray bottle (one of those with a lever at the top) to spray roundup on them. Unfortunately same spray bottle atomised the rou nd up so it rose up around the toamto plants and killed all of them. Schadenfraude. Same SWMBO screeches if she sees ME using Roundup.

Reply to
fred

For an isolated weed in awkward areas I tend to just give a quick dab of the dilution using a paintbrush - it puts on far more than is required but is easier to apply.

One thing with any glyphosate is that they are best applied in humid conditions or early morning/late evening when the heat of the sun (what sun? you may well ask!) is off.

Reply to
Mark Allread

But it can't. Says weedkiller on the bottle. So must be safe with everything else.

Or could the EU have a point in attempting to control its use?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's why we all say 'paint' not 'spray'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:o)

Reply to
Huge

Looks like you're right about the warning on the Gallup being about drift then.

Reply to
PeterC

Yes I made the mistake of using Bio-D w-u liquid (v. similar to Ecover) and it didn't work. Eventually realised that it's a soap and might not survive the mixing (don't know how). Tried a few drops of Star Drops as I don't have ordinary w-u liquid and that seems to have worked.

Reply to
PeterC