NTL/Virgin Media broadband SNAFU

Something else interesting about this so called "unlimited" milarky is my friend is with Demon internet with upto 8MB it states unlimited and now he has found himself without any notice restricted between the hours of

Reply to
Corrina

And changing what a customer has signed up to and is contracted for without prior notice is totally unacceptable to me and it is time it was stopped and ISP's made to tow the line . If they where to tell me BEFORE I signed up that I could only connect for 20 minutes a day or whatever ( just by way of example ) then I would have no come back but to impose traffic management CAPPING if it was put it in real terms and not tarted up like BY did without informing customers before hand , and then deny that any capping was taking place until " The Register" exposed the fact was downright fraud and deception in my book .

Reply to
J.Clavox

Hmmm.

Reply to
Bob Eager

What are you like with power tools?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Hope you're enjoying your new ISP.

Your points were discussed and explained to you a number of times in your previous posts as M.Dexter, or N.Dexter or Dexter (I forget which identity you were using sorry).

HTH

Alex

Reply to
Alex Brown

My excuse is, I'm very bright :o)

Reply to
Gonz

Here's a few sentences you can try...

What are you doing, are you hiding? Are you going to be hiding? Do you like dancing better than you do hiding? What are you hiding from, is it the dancing monster that you are hiding from? If you're not hiding, and you're not dancing, then can you make me a cup of fooking tea and put it in the dining room where I'll drink it after I've finished making some dumplings for the dinner.

Reply to
Gonz

Was it you who told The Register?

Reply to
Gonz

Stop tryin to be smart, Alex. reported to abuse@whatwecallinourselvestoday for constantly X-postin

Reply to
Gonz

Why would I bother? I'm happy with my ISP...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Rubbish all you and Fergal did on BY's behalf was to try and make excuses for robbing customers of what they had paid for in advance and again I say I am not the only person who thinks the same ,a friend of mine left BY before I did for the same reasons and he had been a customer for many years . Giving customers a better experience my arse . The guy who collected my TV box the other week asked me for my CM when I told him the girl in the disconnection dep told me it was not needed and I could do what I liked with it so I did it went to the tip .The chap said I am not at all surprised half the staff just don't have a clue now this I can believe .

Reply to
J.Clavox

Bout all he can do is TRY .

Reply to
J.Clavox

Why do you bother changing your name anyway? It hardly needs a sophisticated concordance analysis to spot you.

Reply to
Bob Eager

He shud stick to lyin :o)

Reply to
Gonz

Over the past few weeks, more and more of their customers are thinkin the same.

There's even talk about all the promises of 'don't leave just yet, there's mind blowin, excitin, not to be missed deals, just around the corner, as soon as we become Virgin'

Increased speeds were promised too, as a means of keepin the customer from switchin provider.

Didn't happen, won't happen...

Reply to
Gonz

Oh it might happen but within months they will be capping the speed down by 50% 4 PM till midnight like they have done with the speed increases of November 2005 . I received a bill from them yesterday for NEXT months subscription my account closes on the 27th of this month they do have such an efficient billing department . They don't know it but their DD was canceled at the bank the day after they took the payment for this month .

Reply to
J.Clavox
[snip]

Your point being..? All G's are pronounceable in those sentences.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

My point bein, I don't, I won't, and if we're gonna get on with each other, then you'll have to accept it.

Reply to
Gonz

Talkin of cancelled direct debits... My car insurance is due up next month, I got a quote online with the same company, only £35 a year cheaper, and an extra £40 from goin through Quidco. So I cancelled the direct debit that was set up on the policy that's due up next month, and they send me a letter statin that they've bin informed by my bank that I've done so, and I'm to contact them about payin the monies owed through another method.

I don't owe em any money, it was all paid up.

Back on topic... You pay them in advance for services, so they shouldn't really bill you.

Reply to
Gonz

Exactly but BY have always be prolific in sending out reams of their rubbish besides bills to customers, I have got half a sack full of rubbish received in the last four months from BY when it is full I intend to take it down to their local office and empty the lot out in their reception .

Reply to
J.Clavox