Now that's probably going to hurt

I wonder if he's seen the Bruce Campbell films? Specifically, Army of Darkness.

Davey

Quality were those films.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Did you ever see the TV series 'Brisco County Jr.'? Absolutely perfect for him. I don't know if they were shown in the UK or not.

Reply to
Davey

Nope. I watch very little TV though. The Evil Dead etc were very good. Did you ever see From Dusk Till Dawn?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

No, not seen that. At a glance, it looks somewhat like the Antonio Banderas/Salma Hayek 'El Mariachi' Mexico trilogy, (available as a boxed set) with added vampires.

Reply to
Davey

Bonus: Sample of Brisco County Junior,

and: starring Aaron Viva, and the invention of the drive-through:

Davey

That's exactly what it was. The halves of two completely different and possibly quite good movies, glommed together to make one shitty one.

Reply to
Huge

A variation on the penchant for re-making a perfectly good movie, as in 'The Italian Job'? There is one glaring exception to this, however: 'The Thomas Crown Affair', in the Steve McQueen version of which, there is no followable story, just a mumbling bumbling McQueen; but in the Pierce Brosnan edition, there is a proper storyline, with a beginning, a middle, and an end, and audible dialogue throughout.

Reply to
Davey

I don't believe so. I think it was an original, just not very good.

Reply to
Huge

Probably so, on both counts, but why did they use the title of an existing film? Just to try to cash in on its popularity? Now we all have to check which one is being referred to when we see a mention.

Reply to
Davey

On 04/04/2014 11:24, Davey wrote: ...

Hollywood (in this case also Bollywood) is always looking to remake films that were successful in the belief that if it worked once it must work again. They don't seem to have learned from their mistakes. Of course, the original Italian Job didn't do well in the USA. Michael Caine blamed poor marketing, but I suspect that the culture was simply too alien for 1960s American audiences.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Err, the silent 1922 one by King Vidor? Not much confusion there!

Reply to
Huge

E-BAY: Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - The Complete Series (DVD, 2006,

8-Disc Set) Item price: US $8.00 Quantity: 1 Item number 380877855620 Delivery service USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service

Order total Subtotal US $8.00 Postage US $5.99 Total US $13.99

Reply to
Davey