Now is the time to ...

check your pump and TRVs etc if you haven't already done so

seeya in a week

Reply to
geoff

I've been running my rads for 10 mins a day most days this summer, just to air the bathroom towels and stop valvy things sticking.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I went to put some fresh inhibitor into the CH header tank after the best method was discussed here a couple of weeks ago. I found the float valve had completely scaled up and the tank was empty. It could have been like that for years ...

If you need to do anything in the loft, do it now while it's not too hot or cold up there.

-- LSR

Reply to
LSR

My CH has just kicked in in the last couple of days, (GHW has been running fine all summer). Radiators are heating OK but this a.m. as I emerged from the sack, I thought I heard a funny sound - difficult to repeat through this medium - grr, click, click- repeatedly for a short period - may be two minutes. Are the valves step motors? If so, I think I've got some fun ahead! I had a quick look this evening as to where the valve could be - not in the kitchen near the boiler, not in the cupboard in the bathroom by the HW tank. Hmm! - below the bathroom floor - that's OK - I can shift the carpet (& T&G)and sort it out, but if it's under the son's bedrom floor, where the H do I shift all the kit whilst doing the job? If it's below the landing floor, the stewards who carpetted the landing, stapled down the carpet! Fun ahead, I don't suspect!

Reply to
clot