not seeing some posters

For the last 3? years, I have not seen any postings from Dave Liqorice. Now I see most, if not all of his posts.

History.

A few years ago, maybe 5, I used to see his posts when I was using outlook depressed, then they went away. OP system at the time was 98 se.

Went to xp pro (Fylde coast edition) and still did not see his posts. By this time I had started to use netscape 7. While using this, I still didn't see any of his posts.

But for the last few months, I see every one of them. Anyone got an idea on this. Nothing has changed at this end, since not getting and then getting his posts.

By the way, Dave has not been the only poster I have not seen.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

FWIW, there are no posts from him in this group...I have encountered him in other groups and can only surmise that my news server (blueyonder) filters his or his news servers' posts from their feed, maybe the times when I have 'seen' him, he has used a different server to send from?...it happens with one or two posters from America as well.

Reply to
Phil L

?????

Apart from these few, you mean?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Aha...I did a search (in OE) on 'Liqorice' as posted above and came up with none! - what I meant by 'there are none' was that I couldn't see them neither, although now I can...but certain news servers do filter on something or other as one of my other groups has follow ups to invisible posts from a certain poster overseas, but the originals never arrive on BY servers for some reason - everyone else on BT, NTL etc can see them and reply, but the only way I get to see them is via the google froups.

Reply to
Phil L

Or perhaps you and the OP spelt *liquorice* wrong. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby