Not exactlty a DIY question, but Spit 700e....

Probably the wrong place to post this question, but...nothing ventured blah blah blah.

Does anybody know of a cheap source for nails and clips for a Spit 700E? Awesome piece of kit! but nails and clips are a tad expensive from the usual sources, Screwfix etc. Ebay isn't too bad but it is a bit hit and miss as to who has them. At present I can only see nails and no clips. All help gratefully received

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

A plane?

A motorbike?

A greenhouse?

Please?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

A magical gun that spits nails into surfaces - colloquially known as a Hilti Gun....

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ah

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Sorry for not explaining myself properly! :(

It is a gas powered gun [unlike a Hilti which is usually cartridge operated] and it can fire a nail through a metal conduit box, metal back-box [or plastic] into a girder, concrete, brick, block etc in one shot! No pre-drilling neede, just hold the box against the surface, locate the gun and pull the trigger...job done. No drilling, no plugs, no screws or screwdrivers!! To use one is to believe!!!

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Google is your friend.

Reply to
Guy King

0.38 seconds. I am sure a few could be poted here, but it's unusual only to have email and newsgroup access.
Reply to
Mal

I get power mad with any power tool, there wouldn't be a place left in the house without piercing ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ah but not 100% reliable, whereas everyone here knows everything.

:-^

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

This may seem facetious but , yes I do have full Internet access and yes I have used google [0.38s was a tad slow] I merely asked the question since not all suppliers advertise on the 'net'. I thought someone may know of a 'corner shop'. I have a supplier of Electrical Equipment that is far far cheaper than anyone on the net, but does not wish to have a 'net presence' The net is not always the answer [although it is in most cases] Please don't take this as a 'dig'...I was only asking a question

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

"Mary Fisher" wrote

Don't be ridiculous, you have but a vague clue about anything.

Dave C

Reply to
Dave

|> It is a gas powered gun [unlike a Hilti which is usually cartridge |> operated] |> and it can fire a nail through a metal conduit box, metal back-box [or |> plastic] into a |> girder, concrete, brick, block etc in one shot! No pre-drilling neede, |> just hold the box against the surface, locate the gun and pull the |> trigger...job done. No drilling, no plugs, no screws or screwdrivers!! |> To use one is to believe!!! | |I get power mad with any power tool, there wouldn't be a place left in the |house without piercing ...

Start on ears ;-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Except you. I suppose that's the reason for the huge amount of incontinent wittering and content-less drivel.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Q.E.D.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not sure if much help but I get nails etc for my ancient Spit in France and usually cheaper. Might be worth checking out Google France

Phil C

Reply to
PhilC

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Guy King

Thanks

A sensible answer at last!!! I'll give it a try

Reply to
Grumpy owd man