Not DIY- Recommendations for bathroom installers in Manchester

Yes, I know that the correct response from this group should be, "do it yourself", but I've found through bitter experience that the best and often cheapest option is to get someone who knows what they're doing.

To that end; I want to refurbish two bathrooms in my house, incl. installing two new suites, retiling a few walls, laying laminate floors and some electrical work. Does anyone have any recommendations in the south Manchester area for a) a single company or b) a plumber, electrician & tiler who can co-ordinate their activities?

I've got a quote from B&Q. Does anyone have any experience of their contractors; good or bad?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

It's been said on here a few times that if they were any good then they would have a full order book of their own and would not need to work for B&Q.

Andrew

Reply to
google

My brother-in-law used B&Q to supply and install a bathroom suite and it was a complete disaster. The psychiatrist said he might be able to come off the medication soon.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

If you dont know of anyone who had a bathroom fitted recently then I would go to your local plumbers merchant (Grahams, PTS, Plumb Centre, etc) and ask for a few recomendations from them. This is usually a good way to find trade people. They are also good places to source suites from. Look at what they have and ask them for a quote. Then ask the plumber for a quote on supply and fit and also fit only. Although trade people get discounts you may find that they then put on a large margin for materials, so its worth just checking. Calum Sabey Newark Traditional kitchens 01556 690544

Reply to
calums