North East Scotland Preservation Trust

Strange web site, or is it just me?

News

Google "lorem ipsum"...

Obviously its a 'work in progress...'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, its a mess. it has graphics that have just labels saying they are graphic, and lots of links with no text as well as appearing to have gobbledegook, which could be some odd format of a graphic. Not accessible certainly. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ah, thank you. I now remember coming across that, years ago, but forgettery comes with the passing years :-)

Reply to
News

A joomla-in-progress.

A lot of Scottish websites seem to prefer .org rather than .org.uk or even .gov.uk where it would be appropriate.

If they want to be independentist they could not get a .scot.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You'd need to be paranoid to notice that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Easier to understand than Doric.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Living in Aberdeenshire now, I find myself used to hearing Doric, and understanding it, or certainly getting the gist :-)

Reply to
News

It's a wonderful dialect. What's not to like? ;-)

Tim+

Indeed. I struggle to follow pure Doric, whether written or spoken, but when spoken with a mixture of Doric and English-with-a-Scots-accent, I cope :-)

I read a book recently, where the characters were speaking Scots with Doric, and I could easily read and understand it, but could also hear the words being spoken as I read them.

Reply to
News