"Normal" tile adhesive

Hi,

Bit worried - just like to put my mind at rest...

I've stuck marmox board down to the floor before using Mapei Keraquick (on their recommendation). It worked and it went hard as iron in a day. It was however a complete bastard to work with because it grabbed like "No more nails" and the bucket full is dead in < 30 minutes so you have to be fast.

The next lot didn't need Keraquick[1] so I went over to Kerabond which is a more normal powder mix cement adhesive with a long pot life.

How long might I expect it to take before it goes "hard as iron"?

After 24 hours it is set and the boards are firm, but it's not exactly rock hard - overspilt bits can be crushed under fingernail.

Is this to be expected, not being an accelerated type like Keraquick? Might I expect to see more hardening over the coming days?

Reply to
Tim S

yes. In my experience with Ardurit. 48 hours or so.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Cool - though it was likely to be the case.

Ta.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Try Keraflex, it's nice to work with, about 3-4 hour pot life and

30-40 mins open time, but sets up nicely in a day.
Reply to
Bolted
-
6mm is a wall trowel. You should be getting a solid bed on floor tiles, which a 6mm square notch won't give you.

This is a good floor trowel:

Bolted

Bolted coughed up some electrons that declared:

've only done a couple of small areas so far.

I'll get one of those pronto :)

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Bolted coughed up some electrons that declared:

So many choices!

OK I'll take that as a recommendation when I run out of my current batch.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S