Non standard doors

Hi

Anyone know where you can get exterior doors made to size? I'm looking for a 74" x 30" at the moment. Could build one I suppose - if I had time.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Which material?

If you want oak or other traditional hardwood, then I can recommend

size or pattern you want or modifications to same.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yellow pages your area for joiners' shops. That's how they make a living.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Can't you just chop 2" off top and bottom from a standard door?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Checked that out. Manufacturers say maximum 2" in total or the strength of the door is compromised & warranty invalid.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Although they are usually booked up well in advance. I had to wait three months for mine to be made.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I think you'll find that the warranty is not valid the moment you start affixing hinges, locks, handles, letterboxes etc....no door supplier will take back a door that's been hung, whether it's ten months or ten minutes later.

Reply to
Phil L

True, on that note get a cheapo pine from B&Q chop top and bottom off and see if it holds together!! worth it for =A320, a chippy wont pick up his pencil for =A320 !! I've got the pine cabinet doors from one of the local sheds and have cut them WAY beyond the recommended limits and they are still fine five years on :-)

Reply to
Staffbull