Non-slip shoelaces?

Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily, probably because they are made of artificial fibres which came out of a smooth tube in the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

TIA

Reply to
semiretired

wax?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You could have a look at some of the weird and wonderful products available such as:

Or look for the how to tie section on that site (or elsewhere).

Reply to
polygonum

Beeswax? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On 12 Mar 2014, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com grunted:

Lobster

a double knot usually works, but I'm so used to a single knot, I usually forget.

Reply to
charles

Hairspray

Reply to
Allan

snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com laid this down on his screen :

The old fix, was to tie as normal, then put a final knot in the two loops.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Tie a good hard reef-knot first. The reef is very easy to undo, just by pulling the correct end of the lace (which end depends on which one you start with when tying) at right-angles away from the shoe. On outdoor footwear that has hooks at the top, I use just a reef and no bow

- never got tangled, never came undone and can be freed even when frozen.

Reply to
PeterC

I thought there were only two ways to thread them and one way to tie them - possibly three with addition of tieing the loops for extra security. I was wrong.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I put wax (leather claener/conditioner) on bootlaces

Reply to
alan

Saw this on one of those TV programs on 'tricks of the trade'. You just rub shoe polish into them, wipe off the excess and that's it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

maybe 'non slip' floor polish would be less messy ?

Reply to
P Bentley

Try rosin.

Reply to