Non-Setting Anti-Climb Paint?

I have a 10ft high chainlink fence around the rear of my property and want to cover the top 2ft with non-setting anti-climb paint, the type that deters intruders. Obviously I'm goiing to need a lot of the gooey stuff and it's fairly expensive at around 8GBP per litre.

So I was considering making a cheaper subsitute by mixing lower priced diy materials. Perhaps grease mixed with a little oil-based paint for example? Or is there anything I can use to thin down non-setting roof-repair mastic?

Has anyone tried something like this before, or do you have any ideas or suggestions of what to try? Would appreciate some thoughts.

Cheers - Greg

Reply to
Greg C

In article , Greg C writes

Allegedly engine oil mixed with regular oil based paint will do the job but I have not tried this. I imagine a litre will go quite far if you use a roller.

Reply to
fred

When you have done painting, plant a pyracantha and train it to grow up and long the top. Nice sharp thorns as well as flowers and berries.

Reply to
DavidG