Non-copper wire in ring main - thanks

Hi folks,
Thanks to those who responded to my earlier about possibly non-copper wire in my ring main.
Now I've managed to hawl some out, I can see that it is indeed copper inside after all, possibly coated with tin. As one poster suggested, there are 7 strands.
The rewiring of these particular rooms by a past owner must have been at a time when this kind of wire was used. My recent work hasn't replaced all of it, but as part of adding sockets to my wife's study I now have one less room with the stuff.
This is a good thing - it's surprisingly hard to wire a socket with all those strands jumping about.
regards,
Ewan

Sometime around 1970 IIRC.

You should twist them all together. There's no necessity to remove such cable just for the sake of it -- I'm aware of an installation done in the late 1950's, and the PVC cable is still perfectly OK.
--
Andrew Gabriel