Nokia charger

I've got two batteries for my Nokia, but they can only be charged whilst in the phone.

Is there a charger that will charge just the battery itself?

Googled to no avail.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We use an old, no-longer-functioning Nokia as a charger for our spare batteries.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Have a look at Ebay item 180317517443.

(This is just to identify what might work. You need to check the battery, the seller, etc. NOT a recommendation!)

TBH I have always managed to swap batteries easily enough - but obviously depends on usage patterns, etc.

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Probably. As part of a protector kit got via ebay, there came seperate battery holder to do just that, for my SE K750i. The same seller probably does them for Nokias. Who that seller was, I've no recollection, but similar things abound on ebay.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The Medway Handyman laid this down on his screen :

Depending on the type of Nokia - usually no problem with the concentric plugs. If you talk to one of the market stall phone sellers, or even better/cheaper look on ebay....

You can get a desktop drop in charger for your phone, which has a drop in charger for a spare battery. You plug your usual Nokia charger into the unit to supply it with power, either mains charger or car charger.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Simple answer for you may be to get another phone that uses the same battery (there aren't many types of nokia battery) - and leave it on a cigarette lighter charger in your van.

Reply to
dom

Nokia do things like

might do what you want. Also, they used to do desk chargers for your phone - the one I have for my 6320 had an extra slot for charging a second battery.

HTH,

Darren

Reply to
dmc

You'd almost certainly be able to buy a broken phone on ebay for a song

- amazing how many people buy and sell them.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Ask around for an old Nokia phones there is a lot lying around in drawers unused and only 2 or 3 different batteries. You can also pick up new Nokia PAYG phones complete with mains charger for £10 after cashback from some outlets.

Reply to
robert

i dont know b ut realtedly, there is now a new nokia charging plug, my first one had a wider plug, my N73 had a narrower plug, the N85 which I got today has a USB charging lead..

so I've got to go out and bujy another car charger...

Im never away from a car or mains long enough to need a second battery, perhaps our battery has died and needs replacing?

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

You can buy an adapter for your old chargers - shouldn't cost more than

3 or 4 GBP.
Reply to
S Viemeister

Buy a proper Nokia one not a clone. My eBay clone doesn't fit properly - you have to wiggle the small connector to make contact, which makes it rather useless.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

and I've had one like that wreck the charging socket on a rather expensive mobile phone (thus destroying the phone).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I bought mine at an 02 shop - it was a pound or two less than the same thing at the nearby Orange shop. Fits perfectly, no wiggling required.

Reply to
S Viemeister

The genuine nokia one failed on me (poor cable) and also caused the socket to come loose. The non standard one in this case is better.

Reply to
<me9