Noisy wife ..

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The Silicone spray came with the machine. I dunno if it was ever actually used to lubricate the machine, but I kept nicking it to lubricate squeaky drive belts!

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

Sooner than use any liquid or Si grease I'd try a lock lubricant first. A dry PTFE powder in a puffer pack. If talcum powder works a bit then this should work better, available in B&Q AFAIK..

DG

Reply to
derek

Ah - I really must read the question properly (as my teachers used to say ... )

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

This could have gone downhill very fast.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

And started by Mary 'again' .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ok, another good suggestion and probably easier to remove than a grease if it causes any 'problems' ;-)

I'm due to go to B&Q soon ..

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ca la vie. They will be redeployed in the silcone spray can factory packing boxes.

Reply to
Suz

Ouch, that hurt my ears. ;-)

It reminds me that another way of curing squeaks might be to rub ordinary candle wax on the offending edges.

I reckon there's enough suggstions to keep T i m de-squeaking for weeks!

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

It's the way he walks. Allegedly ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

What did I say?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You have to book these days?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you want to pay, return anything or get round the store without falling over uncontrolled small children...

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

So (I know I'm going to regret asking this) why did she lubricate it?

Mary

Tablets run out again Mary? ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You have not heard about the new policy then Mary.. my appointment is

3pm next Tuesday ..(checkout 7 booked for 3:30) ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, but I do keep forgetting to take them ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wouldn't know, would I, I never go these days. Or even nights, in case they're 24 hours and anyone wanted to jump in and point out how unknowing I was.

I'll be at the Bowes Museum on Tuesday so we shan't be able to meet up :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The obvious first thing to use would be green soap, aka rock bottom grade washing up liquid. Just smear on lightly, give it a few mins to dry, and you have a solid lubricating layer on the side of the belt.

A wet cloth removes it, unlike grease based options, so theres no big problem if it somehow gets onto the face of the belt. Its stoopidly cheap at 15p a litre, and youve probably got some at home already.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Hmm, anyone know where to get hold of one of those sticky-on sunshades marked "Tim Luvs Mary"? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

PoP

Reply to
PoP