Noisy Whirlpool fridge freezer - are they all?

We've just had a Whirlpool "american style" fridge/freezer delivered - I'm surprised how noisy it is. Are they all noisy or have we got a duff one?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Our new frost-free f/f is noisier than I expected - it has fans running all over the place! It is only fan noise though, no vibration or "dodgy motor" noise.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

If it's a tinny noise in sympathy with the vibration of the compressor check that the narrow bore pipes aren't touching either each other or the cabinet metalwork. If they are a piece of bath sponge can fruitfully be utilised to keep the offending metal parts seperated.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

After further investigation it seems to be fan noise; it stops if either door is opened. It's started giving a temperature alarm every 30 mins or so - I can feel a call to Comet welling-up from below.

Dave

Reply to
Dave