noisy radiator

I have had an extra radiator added on to an existing gas central heating system . It works fine but makes an intermittent annoying vibrating sound. This can be stopped by turning the thermostatic valve slightly but the noise keeps returning. Is this a fault with the installation? If so what can be done to cure it permanently?

Reply to
Anna

Sounds like a thermostatic valve which has been installed with the flow in the wrong direction. It needs turning around (vertical to horizontal or vice versa) or moving to the other side of the radiator, or swapping for one which handles flow in either direction.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for the explanation. Its hard to understand how a Corgi gasman could make such a basic mistake though!

Reply to
Anna

The message from "Anna" contains these words:

For the life of me I couldn't read that without it saying Corgi orgasm.

Reply to
Guy King

On 26 Aug 2006 11:59:20 -0700 someone who may be "Anna" wrote this:-

Corgi is an organisation that is supposed to regulate the competence of people to work on gas. Whether they actually do that or not is another discussion, but what they certainly don't do is regulate the competence of people to work on water systems.

Reply to
David Hansen