Noisy plumbing

This one seems a little odd. I am just at the early stages of trying to figure it out.

Occasionally the plumbing makes a noise a little like a noisy pump, feeling the pipes, the ones that are vibrating are the hot pipes - the ones that come from the top of the hot cylinder.

The airlock treatment of hand over a mixer tap, and turn both hot and cold seems to stop the noise, running taps does not seem to.

Any thoughts?

Ta, P.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

You might have a primatic cylinder. They can make a lot of noise at intervals, particularly if you have cooled the tank right down and it is reheating up.

Reply to
EricP

I doubt it - two header tanks in the loft.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

I seem to have got to the bottom of this. I popped ito the loft one time as it was making the noise, and grabbed hold of the inlet to the cold tank, and the noise stopped dead. I did have a guitar case on the top of the tank. I moved that and no noise since.

P.

Reply to
Paul Matthews