Noisy gutters in the sun

Reply to
soup

In message , polygonum writes

The gutters supplied here by a jobbing builder have white interiors. Still didn't stop the Sun ratcheting the joints apart.

On short runs where ratcheting leaks are common, I use a stainless screw to fix one gutter end to the joiner.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Take care Brian. Respects....

Mr Pounder

You could probably make £250 on you've been framed though!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Wait for winter if the sun is a big problem for you. Personally I think you are hearing things. The idea it is louder than before is probably your memories of sunny weather playing tricks on you.

Try some spray on furniture polish if you must do something.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The crap may have been retaining water and adding some thermal mass - hence they did not get so hot in the past.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, "Brian Gaff" writ:

Silicone.

Reply to
Percy

If they had a lining of wet stodge, they wouldn't have had any expansion. Not till they froze.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Sleep on the northside of your house.

Reply to