Noisy conservatory air conditioning

For reasons I won't go into, I have fallen out with my neighbour at the rear. Just trust me, this man is ridiculously unreasonable.

During the hot weather, he has used his conservatory air-con for the first time, and boy is it loud. Our gardens are small, so that my decking is relatively close to the outlet of his air-con, albeit with a

2 metre wooden fence in between.

Are there noise limits for these things, and can I check the noise level without making a complaint to the council?

Reply to
Homer2911

Yes, and yes, but theres little chance of it exceeding them unless its faulty, and eg metal is scraping on metal at a fair speed.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Noise levels should be low - a unit I installed recently is rated at 57 db(A) for the outdoor unit, and can only really be heard if you stand right in front of it when it's running, but from the next-door property it is un-noticeable.

Maybe buy, borrow or hire a sound level meter to test the noise from your neighbours unit? Maplin had a good deal on one recently.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Hi,

Have you talked to him about it? Best to be as polite and friendly as possible if you can.

It should be possible to build a screen around it to reduce the noise, does it face sideways to your fence or towards the back of the garden? Also does the boundary fence belong to you or him?

cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete C