Noisy combimate water conditioner?

Hi,

last December my daughter had a combimate installed along with a new Baxi duo-tec 28 he boiler (this was a completely new CH install)

is now complaining of various rumbling/grumbling noises "coming from the boiler" when she flushes her loo.

A quick test seems to rule out noises from the boiler, but the combimate does seem generally noisy (though not alarmingly so)

I'm suspecting maybe an air lock somewhere, but thought I'd see if anyone else has had instances of noisy combimates.

Thanks!

Reply to
Mike Smith

I fitted one at my last place... it did make some noise - but hardly enough to actually notice. If you were in the same room as it and someone ran a tap elsewhere you could hear a slight rattle as its silophos balls moved about a bit. (if the tap was in the same room, then the sound of the water running would mask any noise from the combimate).

It might be worth checking that it does not need more balls adding - they get smaller.

Reply to
John Rumm