Nobody Interested?

Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Funfly3

Much appreciated, even though I didn't read most of it.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I thought it was excellent.

Thanks

Reply to
Googlebot

TBH till now I hadn't spotted it at the bottom of your original thread - a subject like "Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" would have got my attention, maybe that of others?!

It certainly looks good to me; I don't know enough about the field to make much in the way of a critique but I'm sure I'll refer to it next time I have a nasty stain to shift!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Reply to
david lang

Where is it?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hi Dave,

I saw it but couldn't really be bothered reading the whole thing (no offence!) As usual, I just assumed others would sort it out and it would end up on the site :)

I did make a mental note to remember it was there though for next time I had a stain to shift or a carpet to clean! I suppose unlike many of the other FAQs, its not something that would overly interest people unless they needed it. It does look very good though so I'm sure I (and many others) will use it at some point or other. Certainly worth having on there anyway.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Been planning to add a few comments later, but struck me there wasnt much left to say, youve covered it pretty well. How many of us can really add anything?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The only comments I would add are:

  1. Belgian Wilton's are the worst at shrinkage. Unless you are very careful it is very likely to shrink using HWE. If you know you have a Belgian Wilton probably best to get a pro in to clean it or use a 'dry' cleaning method.

If you do decide to use HWE on a Belgian Wilton take care not to over wet it. Probably best to go over it a few more times than make it too wet.

  1. Place a plastic bag under the legs of wooden furniture. Sometimes the dye in the wood can leech out into the damp carpet and is a nightmare to remove.

  1. The FAQ mentions that damp carpets are slippery. I'd also mention to take extra care when walking from a damp carpet to a hard floor (Lino/laminate or whatever). Your feet pick up moisture and can make walking on a hard floor very tricky!

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

In the thread "Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments". The quotes are actually part of the subject line so it may sort to the top (or bottom) of your list.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to