No water stop valve????

I'm replacing my water supply pipe (nearly finished digging) and can't find a stop valve. I have a meter on my property boundary, could the stop valve be in there? The meter chamber is full of water at the moment, so I can't tell what's in there. Im I being daft, or do some old properties end up without a stop valve for some reason? I've called Thames water several times and filled in a forms, but so far no sensible advice from them.

Thanks

LGF

Reply to
legrandfromage

Usually is.

Yes, you are. Put your hand in the water.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If the meter has been fitted in the last several years, the stop-c*ck will almost certainly be integral with the meter. You'll have to pump out the chamber to get at it.

Reply to
Set Square

Did you fit the meter then since it's flooded?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll have do some more snipping.

** snip senility **

Sad isn't it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks. The meter is fairly new, so with any luck it's in there.

Reply to
legrandfromage

My apologies for being such a twit. I was expecting to need a tool, but no - there's even a handle in there. Thanks.

Reply to
legrandfromage

Sounds like it! If he uses a hacksaw on Hep2O, he's *certain* to use one on MDPE!

Let's hope for the OP's sake that the leak on on the water board's side of the meter.

Reply to
Set Square

Mr Square is at it again. He is coming if you are ready or not.

** snip tomfoolery **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel