'No practical use' for 17-million digit prime number

Why is it only "thought" to be the largest prime number ever identified?

Reply to
ARW

Stupid American fuckpigs.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Probably because its so bloody boring and they all went down the pub.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Because an apprentice found it and you cannot verify if he foundit first?

Reply to
Unbeliever

On Friday 08 February 2013 18:11 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I'm guessing that it has not been independently verified?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Good old Unbeliever!

Reply to
Part Timer

It was just lying around, waiting to be discovered? Feck me.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Didn't you know there were places in Dorset where they are just lying on the beach ready to be picked up

Reply to
geoff