No pouches in B+Q

I walked into the B+Q at Hanley. looking for a simple pouch -or maybe to buy a cheap belt and pouch:

Where will I find the pouches?

What pouches

Nail pouches or thing like that

We don't sell pouches

Tool belt, then

No, we don't sell anything like that.

I wondered around the store thinking "*ing idiot!"

Then I went to Wickes' feeling a stupid idiot. And Wickes' didn't have one either. By this time Tool Station had closed so I went home wondering "Did they expect me to buy a 50 quid pair of trousers with suitable pockets?" becasue that's all both stores had. I'm a silly fool not a stupid one.

Come March, when I won't need one, every garden centre/DIY shop will be flooded with them. Aja caramba.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Or just visit eBay.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Reply to
Andy Burns

Do you have a Screwfix near you?

soup

Yup, know the feeling. I have two pairs of M/S trousers, perfectly servicable and bought five years ago. They both have an extra zip pocket inside the main pocket. I like this a lot for safety, now, can I get anything like that now, Of course not. Oh, nobody does those any more and they try to sell you those horrible things with zips all over them instead.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Explains a lot. £20 for a pair of small pockets that don't quite allow you to grab hold o f anything inside them and even smaller ones on the outside of those; all o f which would strain under the ample girth of any self respecting tradesman .

But even the skinny, long time unrespectable, piss artist would manage to b reak the flimsy polythene clip in no time. The boy I spoke to was wearing one of those B+Q orange aprons, with decent enough pockets on. Where can I get an old fashioned pinafore?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

This is a DIY group. Get your wife to make one. Mine makes all that sort of stuff.

Reply to
harryagain

Quite. Mine took me a quarter of an hour with some tough cloth, a piece of rope for a belt, and a sewing machine. Contrary to popular opinion, it is possible for a bloke to operate one of those, but if we continue to play stupid, the Ladies (bless 'em) will continue to do it for us :-)

Reply to
Bob Henson

or do it yourself

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have a pre-war treadle machine that will sew anything. Even jeans. SWMBO hates sewing, but I learned so I could mend sails.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris