No new nukes for UK???

No, he's right. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply to
Huge

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Colour me unsurprised. The Postie uniform cupboard is hardly a bastion of chic.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Simple caution would cover it. I must admit, I was a bit anti GM, but it's been around a while and nobody's died. I don't for one second believe the researchers knew what they were doing for every instance, that's a load of total bollocks, but they were quite careful when pushing the envelope and for that I'm quite grateful.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

There were rumours that some GM crops caused the death of butterfly caterpillars. I don't know whether it was confirmed.

Reply to
Mark

It was definitely confirmed, but that's what it was designed to do. It was a sweetcorn plant with implanted genes from Bacillus thuringiensis. It was mainly intended as a defence against the corn borer beetle but was also effective against other pests.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

It passed the spell checker.

Reply to