No Indicator of Which is Cold and Hot Taps

In message , Christian McArdle writes

I thought that the regs said that any tap from which you might drink had to be fed directly from the mains

Reply to
geoff

Good point about the rats...

Perhaps I should have added

"....whilst feeding the kitchen cold tap from the tank..."

Reply to
phigham

I wish I'd taken some pics of the main tanks here before I cleaned them out and fitted proper covers. Moderately random collection of drowned wood lice, beetles, centipedes and one mouse combined with a good layer of brick dust/mortar etc.

We have never had any problems that could even be remotely linked to "poor water".

And when there is a major mains failure and your water is off for maybe 24hrs? How do you make a cup of tea or, prehaps more important, flush the loo. Using bottle water for that seems a tad excessive, always assuming the local supermarket had any left, 'cause every one else will have been rushing out to buy whatever water they can...

Ours was scheduled to be off for 6hrs last month as they messed about with the main. In the end it was nearer 24hrs we used about half of our stored supply. We didn't use the w/mc and the kids shared their bath water but other than that we didn't control our water useage.

I would not be happy living in a place without stored water.

I wouldn't worry that much about it. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I was told it was so that blind people would know which was which. I don't know how they are supposed to know if it has been plumbed incorrectly though....

not completely on-thread (like most of my posts), but maybe a laugh for you all ;)

I went to stay in a four-star (it was when it was built) hotel in the Thrace region of Turkey.

As I was grubby after a hard days work, I was pleased to see that hot water was available for a bath - in fact too hot to touch...

So I opened the cold tap, lo and behold, that was running scaldingly hot as well...

Had to leave the full bath about an hour to cool down before I could get in!!!

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles