No good deed goes unpunished

Driving along today I saw what I thought was a purse in the road. I turned around and picked it.

Yep it was a purse, with all the CCs (who needs that many), cash and a driving license plus various other cards.

I dropped it off at the unit (one of the lads lives in that village so he could drop it off on his way home) and the secretary said "oh that's my mate I phone her and tell her we have her purse".

Of all the days not to go back to the unit after work. It turned out the secretary's mate is a model for Nuts magazine and gave every electrician in the unit a kiss when she turned up to pick up the purse.

Reply to
ARW

Now if you'd taken it to her house she might have been /really/ grateful

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In article , ARW writes

Not a photo license?

Reply to
fred

Yes, but that ONLY shows the face.

Reply to
ARW

Oh, you're so shallow :-P

Reply to
fred

I found a wallet wit 50 quid in it under te grandstands at Silverstone.

Handed it in to the fuzz. a week later I got a letter of thanks and 50 quid. The guy was so amazed that anyone would bother.

The next day I found a 20 quid note in that grandstand. But there was no address on it so I kept it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My Mum was obsessive with handing in stuff we found, watches, =A310 notes= (a week's wages in those days), handbags, down to 10/- notes. She stopped = it after she handed in a watch, and the PC on the desk commented that it wa= s working. She went back to collect it after 3 months and it had been stole= n from the station safe ( although they made some feeble excuse as to why t= hey didn't have it).

Reply to
Onetap

otes (a week's wages in those days), handbags, down to 10/- notes. She stop= ped it after she handed in a watch, and the PC on the desk commented that i= t was working. She went back to collect it after 3 months and it had been s= tolen from the station safe ( although they made some feeble excuse as to w= hy they didn't have it).

The Abergele knick did the same on me. I took in a watch around Xmas time and got the impression they had all been drinking.

I got an odd sheet of paper not the usual duplicate from the report book.

Then I told someone who had lost a watch what I did and they went to the cop shop: "What watch?"

Made me feel like I was a suspect. Don't ever trust a copper.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

week's wages in those days), handbags, down to 10/- notes. She stopped it after she handed in a watch, and the PC on the desk commented that it was working. She went back to collect it after 3 months and it had been stolen from the station safe ( although they made some feeble excuse as to why they didn't have it).

Reminds me of a friend on jury duty many years ago. Got roped in to a drugs case which was expected to last a week. It collapsed on the second day, because no one could find the drugs which had been confiscated to use as evidence. He overheard one of the lawyers afterwards saying that this was most unusual - usually only half the evidence goes missing, on the basis that no druggie stands up in court and says "but I had twice that much on me!".

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

BOBFOC?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Apparently her cleavage was not.

Reply to
ARW

No idea. I did not see her. She probably wears a lot of slap and false tan. Not my type.

Reply to
ARW

One apprentice said she looked like something from "Snog Marry Avoid?"

Reply to
ARW