No cold water upstairs

Morning!
Have been fitting a new bath this weekend and managed to get the taps fitted and working with water coming out. Lovely!
Anyway have got up this morning to find that I have no cold water from the taps in the upstairs bathrooms and the toilet. I've not been able to get into the loft to check it out as I had to leave for work. Can't understand why we've been able to use the shower twice, use the washing machine twice and the toilet about five times yesterday evening and then suddenly a problem this morning. The dishwasher was left to run when we went to bed.
Any ideas?
I though an air lock but I'm hoping it isn't as the pressure of the water in the kitchen taps is not great so may no be able to blow it back through.
Would this happen if the ball valve got stuck in the cold water storage?
Cheers, Matt

Are your upstairs taps connected to the mains, or are they all - plus the toilet - fed from a storage tank in the attic?
If the latter, it seems that the tank is not refilling - and has run dry. It certainly could be a sticking ball valve - but that is not terribly likely if it has been working ok hitherto. It's more likely to be something which you have done. Did you turn off the feed to this tank when you were working on the system? If so, have you turned it back on? If not, that would cause your problem.
Roger

Roger,
Thanks for the reply. I got home last night and it seems like someone broke into the house with the sole intention of fixing my plumbing, as everything was OK. No signs of anything wrong with the storage tank. Very bizarre, but I'm not complaining.
Cheers, Matt
Nearly Done! wrote:

Air lock?

<snip>