Nippon Gel

It might be twice the price, but that is what I use every year to stop the blighters coming into our house. They take it back to the nest and it's then farewell to the nest. I put one at the front door, another at the back door and one under the kitchen unit where the air brick is.

After a few days, no more ants :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

What about the ants though?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, but I need more info about how to kill the terrorist.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

get him to dress like a big big ant and sed him to the OP's house. :)

Reply to
jackie green

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I use Dethlac available from Wilko's. It is is brilliant for ants and crawling insects. It is a aerosol spray which forms a clear long lasting film, effective even when it rains and certainly more effective than anything else I have ever used.

It is always difficult to locate the nest but using this spray ensures that whenever you see them they will at least take it back to the nest or die as soon as come into contact with it.

HTH

Reply to
Moon~Shadow

PMSL

The constant stream of marching ants a la the Tom & Jerry cartoon is more the norm IMHO.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

WXYZ If the norm in your house is a constant stream of ants then they must find your house attractive. I doubt they are comming to see you, so maybe you have plenty of food for them lying around the place. ABCD .

Reply to
bomb#20

Success! I finally tracked down a source of Nippon Gel, at our local g*rden c*nter (I use the asterisks in the same sense as in w*rk; i.e. something to be avoided wherever possible -- we rarely go to the g*rden c*nter as the prices are outrageous there).

Thanks to everyone for all your helpful replies!

Reply to
ian