Nilfisk pressure washer failure - advice?

Hi

I've had this nilfisk pressure washer from Screwfix for just over 2 years (oh dear, just out of warranty). It fired up fine in March, but a few weeks ago it failed.

I've taken it apart and can see the obvious fault - water appears to be coming up into the electrics.

You can see it coming up and out on the image here:-

presume this means some seal has failed internally.

Does this look like something which would be economically repaired, either DIY or at a repair shop?

I suppose what is likely to have happened is that it got caught out by the big freeze over the winter (I never thought to completely drain of any water at all, doh!)

Any help gratefully received!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

That appears to be the pressure switch & yes the frost could well have buggered it.

will help you find a local dealer. Just buy the part, easy DIY job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cheers - I'll give it a try.

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Can I just check - would I be removing the acrylic bolt indicated by the screwdriver in this photo?

Is it just a straightforward unscrew, remove, re-wire, replace, tighten?

Any particular tools which are better for removing acrylic bolts like this? I had a quick go, and didn't get any joy!

Thanks again for any help!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Just to wrap this up, I thought I'd post with my praise for Nilfisk's support on this. They identified the spring part which had clearly failed, but were unable to provide the switch (a V3 switch). Fortunately I was able to locate some from work on an ancient boiler and reassemble. Delighted to report that it all now works again!

Pleased to have found some consumer electrics which even a numpty like me could fix!!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Nilfisk have very good customer service IME. Shame though, that the gun, hose and lance are not really very robust, I replaced mine for an industrial type with a proper variable nozzle, the machine itself is not bad although mine recently seems to have lost its power its once had, think I need to clean the filter. It's a C120.4 with induction motor.

Reply to
David