Night Storage - E10 Tariff

I am trying to make sense of an installation at my daughter's house.

The meter is Heatwise. Looking at the wires it appears that the meter also switches the circuits on at the appropriate time.

sure about:

  1. The Boost Button. (is this a manual additional boost to the circuit at normal rate)

  1. The separate fuse.

Any experience of this arrangement. House has 3 storage heaters and an immersion heater (separate timer fitted)

Reply to
John

"Oops... there's nothing to see here. Either you do not have access to these photos or they don't exist"

Reply to
Andy Burns

> "Oops... there's nothing to see here. Either you do not have access to

Sorry - try again - or:

John

Probably.

The low-current feed from the meter to the contactor coil.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not sure if the fuse has an outgoing cable. Do you think the heater circuit is directly wired to the meter?

Reply to
John

This would be the normal installation for a fairly new circuit.

> Not sure about:

Almost certainly

do you mean then thing with red screw seals that has an input and no output?

Yep (apart from this extra fuse) This is a normal installation method for SRs

tim

Reply to
tim....

I assumed the outgoing cable was out of shot. I think the meter contacts would be fairly limited capacity.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I need to find the relay then - but why 2 pairs in the Henley Box

Reply to
John

>>> Not sure about:

Does the "Boost" Button on the meter turn one of the sessions off? (eg 5)? Or is it a fixed time "on" period?

The meter shows "Status BCD"

Does the boost influence this display? What does it mean?

Reply to
John