NICEIC rewire, how many faults?

Ok, so the new girlfriend moved into her council house 12 months ago. I started to fit the electricity supply for an electric shower today and before I started I found the following faults.

Central heating labelled as water heater on the CU. Electric fire labelled as storage heater on the CU Central heating not labelled on the CU Upstairs and downstairs sockets labelled the wrong way around. Gas bonded to the suppliers side.

Looks like part P was a cracking good idea.

Adam

PS The house was rewired just before she moved in (rewire Oct 2005, moved in Nov 2005). She has an NICEIC letter to show the house was rewired (not the full certificate just the NICEIC letter through the post to say the work was done)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That should say immersion heater not labelled.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Out of interest, how would you code those on a PIR?

Reply to
Andy Wade

4

Trev.

Reply to
TW

I would use code 1 for incorrectly labelled CUs (upstairs and downstairs sockets labelled the wrong way round in this case)

I would use code 2 for a completely unlabelled CU

The truth is I would not issue any of these codes on a PIR that has an incorrectly labelled or unlabelled CU. I would just re-label the CU. It takes about the same time as filling in the recommendations, puts customers at ease and lets me go home knowing a job is done properly.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
Andy Wade

I agree entirely with you on this. If you are doing a PIR you need to confirm what does what so we would relabel as we confirmed what does what.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson