Nice little DIY project

They don't but I did smile at "a ladder rises to the.... First Floor"

Reply to
Scion

House here hd a similar problem when an oil line in the ground burst and dumped 2000 liters of oil into the soil. Floors up, and scoop it all out

I lost 50 lores of diesel once. Killed the grass for a year. Then it all evaporated.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can get cream from the chemist for that. Much cheaper. And doesn't cause so much disruption.

Reply to
Ian

auctioned off. The floors are all ready for an insulated layer of concrete with UFH.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The house has only been up a few years - and very probably already had insulated floors. I can't imagine anyone gutting it to that extent - including removing the staircase - just to retro-fit UFH, unless there was some other very serious problem to be addressed. Why would they have dug up the garage floor?

Reply to
Roger Mills