"Nice" Fluorescent light

I think I am stuck with a strip light in my small narrow kitchen - but would like to get a more attractive fitting than the basic on currently fitted. I don't particularly like diffusers as they tend to discolour. I would like to find a source of slightly more attractive then normal fittings.

Any ideas?

Reply to
John

you put it in a trough made from something you like and reflect it off the ceiling.

Reply to
dennis

Have a browse through any major manufacturer's range and then ask your local wholesaler to order.

You could consider something like Fitzgerald Lotus

Lotus luminaire comprises a "winged" profile that blends to the ceiling surface. The combination of reflector profile and perforated basket optic create a subtle direct/indirect lighting effect.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They do exist, but are costly, and more suited to commercial premises than domestic. As dennis says, trough or shelf mounting are good standard approaches.

Another maybe if you dont want to rewire is to make a custom cover for it. One possible is a bit of flat ply with low sides added all round. Its mounted 8" or so below the light and painted white. This hides the fitting and reflects the light onto the ceilng around the ply. It reduces light output a bit of course. You've then got the challlenge of making it look positively nice. You've always got the option to drill 1/4" holes in it to look like LEDs, and you can add lighting gel or sweet wrappers as colour filters if you want to play.

NT

Reply to
meow2222