Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs

Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places

- no go.

The new packs are £££ and there are several videos showing the rebuld process - if only I had the cells :-)

jake

Use NiMH instead and follow Harry Bloomfields recent topic on the subject for the source on Ebay

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The real problem is that good quality cells are much of the cost of any cordless tool. And the factory buys them by the million. Thus buying just a few of similar quality for replacements can cost more than the entire drill.

No problem buying replacement cells. Just finding good ones at a good price. Indeed finding good quality ones on sale at any price can be tricky. It's no surprise that most on sale are unbranded.

You might look for any similar complete replacement battery for a decent make on special offer - and rob that of its cells.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've been wondering about using mobile phone batteries to do this, but I suspect the discharge rate would be too low.

Reply to
Capitol

Just ben reading the thread - interesting stuff. thanks.

Reply to
jake

If you get an answer to this let me know i have an 18V DeWalt drill and the 2 packs are now way down on ability to hold a charge.

Reply to
rick

I've bookmarked 2 sites as possible sources for the 18V Mak:

I don't know if either is suitable yet - I took the battery out of its case and decided that I needed more time and a lot more info before risking borking it. Even the stick-backed foam didn't want to move - I blame Blue Peter!

Reply to
PeterC