Next Door Neighbours have got a leak - and I soaked him through

Does it keep the chicken(s) in and safe from foxy? If so it's doing it's job, you don't *need* at trendy eglu. I'm more concerned about the welfare of the chicken(s), that is very small even for one chicken and AFAIK chickens don't like being on their own so I hope there are two or three...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's nice to see there are still people who don't reach for expensive power tools for every job.

I think a little more work on the door might be needed to stop the chickens escaping or a fox getting in.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

There are two babies in there (the yellow blob at the top right is one of them) with the adult.

The other 13 adult chickens have the run of the garden and no protection from a fox in the daytime, they are locked in at night.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

chicks, what do they teach at school these days?

Ah so it's just to keep chicks and mother hen together and safe in the short term. OK for that I think.

That's normal out during the day and free to wander locked in at night safe from foxy. 13 hope he, you and most of the neighbours like eggs...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Adam likes these eggs ;=3D)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I certainly do!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I am sure the chickens wont mind, and the fox will take less than 30 seconds to demolish it as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
John Rumm

Any idea how long before they are old enough to leave? They were surrogate eggs for someone else.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

About 8 weeks plus.

The hen will start getting bored with them (and probably give them the odd peck).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

He has already got my old saw and hammer:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A rusty saw and a bent hammer ?!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

and wheelbarrow, use of

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And plastering float ?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

the mesh to the frame? I wonder how long before the thin staples rust away and the mesh starts pinging off?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Longer than it'll take the chicks to grow... Though if the mesh is only held on by office type staples foxy really won't have much trouble pulling it off. Clenched nails would be better.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not mine:-)

Oddly enough he has invited me round for a game of chess.

He gave me a lift last night and I had to wait a while as he wanted to make "his move and save the game" before he could take me to the pub.

Reply to
ARWadsworth