Newsgroup for computer control?

What is a good newsgroup or mailing list to read about the use of computers for remote control of light switches, ovens, etc?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

This ain't bad.. IIRC there is a home automation one somewhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

comp.home.automation.

Jon C.

Reply to
Jon C.

alt.home.automation uk.tech.home-automation

I have no idea if either of them work.

Reply to
Huge

There is a device called a "netiom" on the cpc website which can do remote control and monitoring over the web..

've used this for remote control of telecommunications and broadcast equipment and it works very well!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , tony sayer scribeth thus

This might be of use...

tony sayer

Control4 are the market leaders

Reply to
Vass

?

Dead. There's more in uk.d-i-y.

comp.home.automation

OK, but somewhat US-centric.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Don't ask me, I just grepped Demon's active file.

Reply to
Huge