Newsgroup abuse.

Page 2 of 2
Mike wrote:
TROLL ALERT
PLONK!

Mike wrote:

Yeah, very interesting that we've had no such problems with trolls and cross posting in the year or so I've been reading this. Then, all of a sudden, after you posted this to this group, within a few hours, the group suddenly had lots of cross posts and junk.
Thanks for dragging this group into the problem...

I doubt if there was much of a problem in the other groups, except for a few individuals, before this spam was posted.
Use the filters in your news reading software to reject all cross posted articles. In some groups (not the ones in question in this thread) I've been doing this for years and it makes the groups much more readable.
--
Alan
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:43:02 +0000, Alan

The group mentality in several other groups this has affected is quite different, and in retaliating it has exacerbated the problem leaving the groups almost unreadable. I add each obvious culprit into the kill filters but still get to see their drivel when a regular replies to one of these cretins. However the perpetrators are quite upset as several of the regulars in another group are spamming alt.off-topic quite excessively