Yet you use a hotmail address. Not very consistent...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:00:18 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

After a moments thought it should become apparent as to why a 'thow-away' address was used.
Yes, it would have been a good way to harvest email addresses - although I suspect there are far better and easier wyas than this.
Rgds
Mike

Yes, he is spamming newsgroups and harvesting email addresses..

Posting your address to a spammers hotmail email address is not the usual way of subscribing to a Yahoo group email list.
--
Alan

word or ten. And what about the stupid posts about cheap electrical saws and stuff that could be sorted in 6 or 7 replies that go on and on and on? If he was serious about handling controls and etc., he'd be setting up a Beehive forum. British made and all -real state of the art DIY forae: http://beehiveforum.sourceforge.net /
Can we mention caustic soda?

This caustic soda stuff's really got under your skin, hasn't it? ;-)
-- Richard Sampson

Translation: I have already made up my mind that there is a problem and if you disagree I will censor your contribution.

Translation: I have already made up my mind that there is a problem and if you disagree I will censor your contribution.

Translation: I have already made up my mind that there is a problem and if you disagree I will censor your contribution.
--
Alan

Don't be fooled. The OP is spamming newsgroups. This is the very abuse he is complaining about.
If the Yahoo group is genuine (it isn't named) then the OP is probably breaking the (anti) spam rules in the Yahoo terms and conditions.
--
Alan
[ groups cut ]
wrote:

The OP, a person complaining about newsgroup abuse, yet abusing the newsgroups himself !
The word 'Hypocrite' comes to mind....

Err, no. Do you read this group?
--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Isn't this SPAM?
--
geoff

writes

How can you ban anyone in an unregulated group?

Yup. It's a real problem.
--
*A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking *

writes

I know. We've tried it with you many times, but your still here. :-))
Merry Christmas Sir.
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:12:30 GMT, "BigWallop"

He's likeable really, in his own way.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
wrote

<snip>
The contact address you want is
snipped-for-privacy@lists.btinternet.com
quoting
a copy (with all the headers ) to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com may also stop this spamming.
--
Alan
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:38:46 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Newsgroups: uk.local.yorkshire,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.local.cumbria,demon.local,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.media.dvd

[37 lines snipped]

Multiposted. Not crossposted. And that in itself makes it spam.
On 24 Dec 2003 11:43:34 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

i understand the differences quite well thank you, i also understand inappropriate snippage changes someones words entirely. what did the rest of my sentence say ? 1) this is massively crossposted ............. It was quite obvious from other posts that it was posted multiple times by the OP to different groups.