News individual . net

Anyone having problems with this recently? Mine has been a bit flakey for some days. Thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

I posted some time ago that I was having problems that appeared to be with them. Must have been strong medicine, almost as soon as I had posted it became fine again.

Reply to
polygonum

In message , at 07:22:07 on Wed, 26 Nov 2014, polygonum remarked:

There's something not quite right, because normally articles will get there and back in a second, but I've had one documented case earlier in the month where it took a little over an hour, and the past week I've noticed a few which took of the order of tens of minutes.

Reply to
Roland Perry

No problems here - connections are fine posts appear almost immediately.

Reply to
Bob Henson

Same here, no probs at all.

Reply to
Bod

There's been one connection failure, but that happens much more often with mail servers I connect to that I didn't think of it as a NIN problem. As my news client reconnects every few minutes things would have to be pretty bad before I'd actually notice a problem.

Any time I've emailed their support address I've had a polite and professional answer. If you've logs for times of problems why not ask them?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Interesting. How have you gleaned that bit of knowledge?

Reply to
Nick

Thanks V much. Working rather haphazardly here still. Perhaps problem is at my end, but I think not. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

About a week ago (can't remember exactly) the server had some sort of problem which mean my client (Thunderbird) kept prompting me for my password (normally provided automatically).

After a few hours it returned to normal. Apart from that has been working perfectly for months.

Reply to
Clive Page