Newly installed toilet won't flush

Don't know what you think you linked to. I get a sign-in page - and if I get past that, a sheep.

Reply to
Rod

A choice was offered. It obviously wasn't true so it had to be bollocks.

Whatever that means ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Some kind of session control. Try this

Andy Hall

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Right ho - that makes a bit more sense. :-)

But worried about the site though. They say "* Kit contains rubber tubes and clips to do 25 head " Did they ever learn any biology?

Reply to
Rod

Looks good - "minimum stress"

Reply to
John

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Rod wrote in

You might have to stand on a stool to see into the cistern.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Calling Ben - any news for us yet?

Reply to
John

Load of Ballcocks?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mary Fisher coughed up some electrons that declared:

;->>>

Reply to
Tim S

Who d'you think you are, Angus Deayton? ;-)

Yes it's bollocks.

Reply to
John Stumbles

In message , Frank Erskine writes

not everyone is careless enough to leave their thumbs in the way ...

Reply to
geoff

Not yet, the plumber was supposed to return on friday but didn't. I've looked at all the suggestions people have come up with (thanks for those) without success, although we had a false start when adjusting the float for a higher water level appeared to work, but it turned out to be a lucky coincidence. I'm convinced it must be something wrong with the syphon (although I can't find anything) and was going to buy and fit a replacement today, until I realised that with close-coupled cisterns you have to take the cistern off the wall to replace the syphon - one step too far for me given that the guy is being paid to install it! I'll report back if/when anything happens.

Reply to
Ben

You're just talking a load of shit man. Piss off and stop pulling our chains. I got flushed reading that!

Reply to
EricP

Shame he didn't fit a 3 part siphon. A couple of quid extra IIRC.

Reply to
stuart noble

Reply to
ARWadworth

There are plumbers who are merely "pipe stranglers" and there are plumbers who can understand of things work - incl boilers, heating systems, drains, etc. Perhaps the OP had employed a basic "pipe strangler" with no empathy for what he was fitting. (I am not a fan of button operated toilets - but why didn't he fit one? Most do. Perhaps he had some old stock and the diaphragm had developed a distortion due to being stored on its side)

Reply to
John

I've come across that type of plumber before and was not impressed, although to be honest this guy is more of an all-rounder so I wasn't expecting a plumbing expert. He has now agreed to replace the syphon, which I'm sure will solve the problem.

Reply to
Ben

How did you get him to agree to that?

Show him this thread?