New Yankee Workshop Yahoo Group

I have started a Yahoo Group called TheNewYankeeWorkshop. I hope you will join and upload your pictures.
Thank you for reading
Simon http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thenewyankeeworkshop /

I have it bookmarked thanks for the invite and good luck.
By the way, you will need to have a section on how to post pictures, cut down their loading times and etc.
My main problem with the sort of techniques the man employs is that he uses too many tools. There is a post here about a fancy gauge, for marking all sorts of angles. I have never ever seen one used, in all the decades I have been in the trade.
The nearest I havecome to it was a tutor using a sliding feeler gauge to set up a spindle moulder. It was quite a useful tool for the one offs we used it for and more especially in view of the fact we were all learning about setting it up etc. Mind you that was in prison so what kind of a man would want to work in such an environment I leave to your imaginations. He was a tidy joiner and a great lad by the way. So cast no aspersions.

Ah yes, Yankees, those were the days! The original cordless power-driver :-) No respectable chippie would be seen dead without one.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:28:15 -0000, "John Stumbles"

The ones with the various bits in the handle were they not? I think I've still got one or two in my garage.....
PoP

Still got my two. One long sash driver and a smaller hinge driver. Also got the original drill bit holder and bits up to 6mm. The original cordless driver as you say PoP. :-))