New World Sterling gas oven

The oven appears to be overheating when in use - despite following cooking instructions etc.. As an example, at Gas Mark 5 a pie I put in the oven burnt after only 5 mins and that was without pre-heating. The same for a pizza I cooked the other day. I've not had this problem until recently. I think it may be the fan not working or not working properly, but is there anything else it might be? I don't seem to hear the fan anymore, so pretty sure that's the problem I can't even afford to get it fixed at the moment

Reply to
NREDWOOD

Have you tried turning it down? - it's what the knob with numbers is for :-p

Seriously, we knock three digits off any gas mark reccomendations for our cooker, EG if a pizza says gas mark 6 for ten minutes, we put it in at GM3, it's been like this since the day we bought it and it's not got a fan in it.

Try cooking for longer at lower temperatures, food tastes better and is cooked more thoroughly.

Reply to
Phil L

I have a fan assisted elect oven and to get 180 C I have to set it at just over

140C .I found this out only after buying an oven thermometer .I suggest you buy one as well.They are not expensive .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Sounds like the thermostat is stuffed. It can be replaced, or more eaily just pull apart and clean up the contacts. It might be worth trying using it on its min temp setting in case its still operable but drifted, soemtimes theyre like that.

NT

Reply to
meow2222