new water main requirements

Need to route an MDPE water main through foundations (same where drainage will go, protected over with lintel etc), under the new concrete floor slab, up though the slab to a new stopcock inside. I know about insulating through the slab etc. But I have now heard the whole thing should be in at least 100mm duct so it could be replaced at a later date if required. So I have to lay such a duct (110mm drainage pipe OK ?) all the way under the foundation and floor slab and up through the slab (in size and inconvenience of a complete drainage run). Since I already have a soil pipe following the exact same route, this would be an extreme pain. I've also heard that where through ground (not under floor slab), it should be layed surrounded in sand (to BS882). Is such a huge duct really required for 25mm MDPE ? What colour should it be - brown OK, and what about bends ? If a pipe is put in using a mole, none of these requirements are met. How is this ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson