New trailer cover.

I have a typical, small (5'x3') galvanized steel trailer, bought 2nd hand a few years ago, it's cover (was pretty new at that point) needs replacing. It tore at one of the corners a couple of years ago, another one went last year. It's been repaired but the repairs don't really last.

So replacing, any recommendations for online suppliers of decent quality covers?

(Yes I'm sure I could DIY, but it aint gonna happen)

Reply to
Chris French

Not worth it - dozens online at around 20 squids Plus ou moins...

Frankly I regard all such as much of a muchness with limited lives.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Chris French submitted this idea :

Er, DIY one. Find a company which makes and repairs the tautliner lorry side curtains. They throw vast amounts of the material away and will likely give you more than you need for the price of a pint.

You then cut the material to size, allowing for an inch or so overlap where it joints. To do the joints you just need a suitable roller, an hot air gun and a flat surface to work on. Clip it together with those sprung clips, just to hold it together whilst you work. You then apply the hot air gun between the two surfaces until it begins to smoke and follow it quickly with the roller, to force the hot molten surfaces to merge. It takes a bit of practice, but its very quick and easy once you get the hang of it.

You will never need to replace it, done properly, it will outlast you.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

You can always guarantee that when you point out you aren't going to diy, someone will come along and say diy it....

Not gonna happen, like I said.

to many other things requiring more roundtuits than I'm gonna have spare for ages.

Reply to
Chris French