New toolstation website

"Simply log in and you will be able check stock at your local branch. With Toolstations now popping up throughout the UK, a large number of our customers are within reach of a reliable sales counter, for which they can now check items are in stock before setting off to make a purchase.

Working away from home? We've thought of that too - just go to your Trolley and a simple drop-down box lets you check that all items are available at your chosen branch."

\o/

Now, if only screwfix would do the same (maybe they will...)

In the last year or so we have gone from just wickes and homebase to wickes, homebase, b+q (not a warehouse one mind), toolstation and screwfix all within a couple of mins of here - dead handy :)

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Totally agreed - it is something every such company should do. Plus the customer collection option.

Reply to
Rod

Argos started the idea years ago, didn't they? Their website has always the option to check local branch stock availability. I'm glad it's catching on with other outlets.

Reply to
BigWallop

PCworld do the same, except if they have less than three in stock at the store it tells you its out of stock. 8-0

Reply to
dennis

Surely, that's got to be better than them showing as having 2 in stock and when you get there they haven't got any. Dave.

Reply to
Dave

They do have to allow for the inability of their staff to stocktake correctly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's when they give you stock from the returns/defective shelf. ;-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

Not if you are after something in a hurry.

Reply to
dennis

They do it because the stock is on the sales floor and someone might buy it before they get to pick it.

Reply to
dennis

Also, if you use the reserve and collect, or whatever they call it, you get the "web exclusive" price in store (assuming it's in stock). Not sure how that works as a business model.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Well, they've gained a few hundred quids worth of my money by doing this.

I search about a bit on the web, find the cheapest price (from a company I'm happy to deal with...) and then order. Several times now PCWorld has been close to cheapest when you take into account the postage and the fact that I can go get it *now*.

So they gain buisiness from people like me, while still fleecing the person who goes in not knowing what they want and thinking PCworld as "the experts"...

Darren

Reply to
dmc